Sunday, June 29, 2008

Martin Family Shoot






Liz and Jim are friends of friends, and contacted me about doing a photo shoot for them. I had to reschedule the first session due to a little "poo" problem my 4 year old was having (seriously, you don't want to know!), so yesterday I packed the husband and the kids in the car to head to the Sunshine Coast. My good friend, Bec, lent me one of her lenses (a fisheye for those in the know!), so I picked it up on the way. We get to the coast with a bit of time to spare, so I sat down to put the lens on my camera to have a play with it before the session. That's when I realised my biggest nightmare had come true - where was my camera battery? Yep, that's right, on the charger back at our home in Brisbane. Can you say PANIC? I raced to Harvey Norman to get another, then realised that they don't come charged, do they? So, I slinked back to where I was to meet Liz and Jim, feeling VERY unprofessional, when what do you know? Liz had borrowed a battery off a friend of hers with a similar camera to mine. So, away we went.

Poor James wasn't feeling the best, so we have arranged to catch up next weekend at my "Magic Tree" to try a for a few smiling ones from him. At least this time if I forget my battery, I'm just over the road from my house!!!

Here's your sneak peek guys, and thanks again for saving my arse!!

2 comments:

Bec said...

Well, after a pretty dramatic start you did a damn fine job Fo. These are wonderful! I see you still managed to get a feet shot in!

name: "head in the clouds" said...

Agreed - damn fine job.
I would have wet myself! Just the thought gives me cold sweats! lol! As does forgetting the cf cards ... eek.

BlogCatalog

Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Counter

counter

Tracking